YouTube is a booming business! However, if you’re a YouTube creator, it’s not so lucrative unless creators use ads in your favor. That’s where the advertiser steps in. Besides video sponsorships from other brands, YouTube ad revenue is one of the only ways the platform pays its creators.
But YouTube isn’t just paying every creator! There are a ton of protocols to go through on the platform before a creator can get to that point.
Speaking of ad revenue, this article discusses TrueView for action ads. We’ll define it, see how it works, and come to understand why you should use it if you are an advertiser or creator.
What Are YouTube TrueView for Action Ads?
TrueView for action ads are video ads that pop up during the streaming of another video. It allows advertisers to convert potential customers, and to engage the visual ad in order for them to continue on to the original content.
Vido ad success is measured in the following three ways:
- An Increase in Purchase Desire: Are people more interested in buying the product after seeing the advertisement? What is the engagement level surrounding the views? Ask yourself these questions as an advertiser.
- Visits to the Store: Whether it’s online or in-store, visits are a great demonstration of interest in the product or service offerings. How do the ad clicks affect the amount of store traffic?
- Online Conversions: Look at the purchases made after watching the advertisement. This shows the effectiveness of the ad, as this is the end goal.
How Do YouTube TrueView for Action Ads Work?
The following shows how these types of ads work, and why so many advertisers are turning to YouTube TrueView.
- You are helping to convert the current YouTube viewer into a brand-oriented customer
- The ability to educate a new targeted audience
- The ability to interact and convert an audience even faster
- Help your brand reach the audiences it really needs
- Access to the platform’s targeting options and methods
- Reduced friction associated with field forms that were already completed
How Do We Run TrueView for Action Ads?
These ads are created using a skippable in-stream format, with a call-to-action to get the user truly engaged. You can also add additional features such as site links and lead forms.
These Types of Companies Benefit Most Using YouTube TrueView for Action Ads
Ask yourself if YouTube ads are the right fit for your brand. The platform has been known to feature these types of companies and services.
Travel Booking Companies: These types of advertisements can make an impact on people looking to travel. There may be flight or hotel deals in the advertisement the viewer can’t refuse.
Retailers: Ads with corresponding video create even bigger impacts on the viewer. For example, fashion brand videos are very popular, so a related retailer has a higher chance of success.
Other types of companies that can benefit are the following:
- Concerts or shows
- Food delivery
Our Final Thoughts
There are many resources you can use to make YouTube’s TrueView ads engaging while targeting the right audience. With the different features and such a large audience, there’s room for major growth there for your company’s brand.
Have you used YouTube for advertising before? Let us know your thoughts and how you plan to use this feature for your brand.