The TikTok Creator Marketplace is one of the best platforms to launch campaigns with TikTok creators. In 60 seconds or less, a creator on TikTok can have a viewer hooked by their content and scrolling for more. Many marketers are taking steps to partner with TikTok as a brand and gain mass exposure with their target market using the TikTok Creator Marketplace.
We’ll look into how to set up a marketing account, and reach out to star creators to nail your next campaign with them. Collaborations go both ways, and marketers need to make sure to outreach with no extra strings attached.
Signing Up on the TikTok Creator Marketplace
The first step is to set up a creator marketplace account, which can be done HERE.
When you move to the login/sign-up page, you’ll be asked to provide an email and phone number to validate your identity and gain access to the features in TikTok creator marketplace.
It is similar to setting up any new social media profile.
Now It’s Time to Find the Right Creators
Once you’ve created an account, it’s time to find the right creator that complements your brand, and the message you want to convey in your campaign. Taking these steps will allow you to narrow your search and find someone that truly fits.
Use the Creator Filter:
- Country or Region- This is the location where the creator publishes content and/or resides.
- Topic- This is used to be able to see what kind of topics they cover, such as food, fashion, sports, or politics.
- Reach- View the creator’s follower count and see how great their reach is
- Ecommerce Anchor Feature – These creators are able to insert a link in their content that directs viewers directly to a brand’s product or external landing page.
Use the Audience Filter:
- Country or Region – This is the location where the creator’s primary audience is watching.
- Gender – Choose a creator with an audience that may be more male or female
- Age – Look at the audience age the creators are reaching.
- Device – See which devices they use to watch videos.
- Look at basic information about the creator with a descriptive bio.
- Learn about their average views, likes, comments, and shares over the creator’s last 30 videos.
To calculate engagement rate: [likes + comments +shares] / views.
- Browse the creator’s most recent and most popular videos. Popularity on TikTok is measured by the highest lifetime views on the video.
- The creator’s audience can be segmented further for analysis.
- Contains predictions about the trajectory of the creator’s audience, graphs for follower growth, and recent engagement rates.
Send the Creator a Message
Once you find a creator that fits your brand’s campaign criteria, it’s time to reach out to see if they’ll be interested in working together. The message is a pitch, so be sure to include key information and to maintain clear communication. You may want to hire a TikTok ads agency that specializes in this brand messaging.
- Campaign Name: Include a campaign name that clarifies the purpose of the message, so creators know why you’re reaching out.
- Opportunity Description: Let the creator know what’s in it for them. Provide some background on your brand, what the campaign will offer, and why you’re choosing them over other content creators.
- Talent Fee: Make sure to explain that the talent fee that’s included in the message (if any) is open for negotiation. If you add the talent fee in the initial pitch, make sure to explain that it is not final. Some creators might not respond if they think they can’t negotiate.
- Contact Information: Include all your relevant contact information so creators can contact you and discuss details directly without going through channels.
Track Your Outreach
Now comes the waiting game. Fortunately, TikTok lets you measure the success of your outreach while you wait. Update messages will appear under the “My Activity” tab.
If a creator replies and is interested in the project, you can then click “View Contact Info” to reply and try to close the deal. Creators are normally given 72 hours to respond; if they don’t, you can pitch again or move on to a creator who is more responsive.
Our Final Thoughts
TikTok Creator Marketplace was originally created to connect marketers to creators in a user-friendly way. The process is straightforward, and it offers a ton of features that are normally hard to access. Joining the community gives a ton of opportunities, providing a pool of creators ready to make deals.
What do you think about using TikTok to reach out to relating creators for your brand? As the TikTok platform grows in engagement, we’d love to hear your thoughts. If you would rather create content yourself, however, check out our post on TikTok’s 6 creative tools.