Google Shopping is best defined as a shopping process that is provided by none other than Google. Customers have the ability to search, view, and compare products from websites and other brands.
These products are displayed on Google from the moment the customer is searching for a product. They will not only appear on the regular search results tab but also under the shopping tab that is associated with Google.
For instance, when a customer is searching for a black dress, that dress will pop up from all different brands and price points that have that particular item available.
Together, let’s take a deeper look into everything you need to know about the Google feature in 2020.
What is Google Smart Shopping?
On the other hand, Smart Shopping is one of Google’s newest campaign types. It’s designed to use machine learning that will reduce the normal amount of time to optimize campaigns and invest more time into other aspects of the business.
All an advertiser will need is their campaign objective and their budget. With that, Smart Shopping will be able to take care of the rest. Best of all, they are tailored for the vendors with smaller budgets and fewer time to strategize. This is perfect for newer companies trying to get off the ground and gain the exposure they need to profit off of their business.
How do Google Shopping Ads Work?
This is where Google Shopping Ads come into play. In fact, they are considered to be one of the most effective ways to drive sales for the needs of the business.
They are best defined as Product Listing Ads (PLAs) which are ads that feature products that will then appear under product searches specifically for Google and Google Shopping.
They will include and need the following in order to aid your business needs:
- Product image
- Shipping information
How to Set Up Google Shopping Ads
Let’s look into how we set up the ads ourselves. It’s easy and only takes seven simple steps. Follow along below!
- First, open up your Google Ads.
- Use the plus sign to create a new campaign.
- Select the sales goal or any other goal that best fits your need at the moment.
- Then select Shopping as your campaign type.
- Next, you’ll choose your linked Merchant Center account and the country that matches it. This will appear at the bottom of the page.
- Then you’ll go ahead and set the bidding, targeting, and campaign adjustments needed on the next page.
- Finally, you’ll save and confirm your settings to then launch your campaign.
How to Optimize Your Google Shopping Feed
Your shopping feed happens to be at the center of the Google Shopping campaigns. This will be used to effectively communicate all inventory data in order for your PLAs to be relevant to future shopper searches.
In another 7 simple steps, this is how you optimize your shopping feed.
- Make sure to organize feed content to match Google specifications.
- Optimize product titles to work with search engines.
- Utilize keywords that are both longtail and short.
- Allow product extensions and promotions to have higher exposure and click-through rates.
- Ensure that all product images are of high quality.
- Create product groups to stay organized and set up campaign segments.
- Create shopping actions for products to show up under search engines.
Best Practices for Google Ad Campaign Structure
The best way to set up the structure of your campaigns is to divide them and use product groups. This will allow you to always be in control over important aspects such as listings and bids. Then as an advertiser, you’ll be able to target all areas of the Google Shopping funnel.
By doing this, you’ll be able to create awareness, drive traffic, and gain new customers, and then form new target markets for those who may be interested in the product. This is an especially great opportunity for those that are beginning a new business or who are rebranding a current one.
Our Final Thoughts
If you have a shopping business filled with different products on an online platform, would you turn to Google Shopping ads as a way to gain new customers and profits? We find that this current method will open the doors to new and exciting avenues, especially as your brand develops.
Let us know your thoughts!