Did you ever think you’d be a TikTok user? Did you ever think that TikTok would be one of the most successful social media apps to exist? This special app has broken a ton of records, and has yielded great success in a short period of time. Here are 25 insane TikTok stats that might just be too big to believe.
1. TikTok has the Highest Social Media Engagement Rates Per Post
Out of 100,000 profiles surveyed by the Influencer Marketing Hub, TikTok had the highest engagement rating in these follower count categories:
< 1,000 Followers: TikTok (9.38%) Instagram (7.2%) Twitter (1.4%)
< 5,000 Followers: TikTok (8.57%) Instagram (5.3%) Twitter (1.2%)
< 10,000 Followers: TikTok (8.13%) Instagram (3.7%) Twitter (0.6%)
< 100,000 Followers: TikTok (7.23%) Instagram (2.1%) Twitter (0.4%)
100,000 + Followers: TikTok (5.3%) Instagram (1.1%) Twitter (0.3%)
2. About 50% of TikTok’s Global Audience is Under the Age of 34
Most TikTok users are within the Millennial or Gen Z age range demographics. 26% of the total 50% are aged between 18-24.
3. TikTok Announced US Users Open TikTok Eight Times Per Day
With several users logging onto TikTok multiple times per day, it is a good idea to advertise to these users and gain exposure for brands. According to Digiday, in-feed ads are sold at $10 cost-per-impression with $6,000 minimum campaign spend.
4. The Most Followed TikTok User is Charli D’Amelio
With over 1,000 uploads, Charli D’Amelio has acquired over 69 million followers during the year she’s been active on the platform. D’Amelio is also known for creating some of the platform’s most viral dances, which have put her on the map for good.
5. 37% of US TikTok Users Have Reported a Household Income Greater Than 100K
TikTok is most popular in the US, and the income from these users helps narrow the demographic on the platform to a target audience.
6. Comparatively, 18% of Users Have Also Reported a Household Income of Less Than $25K
This shows some TikTok users may also have a lower income than their peers. Many users are students, which is the likely reason.
7. More Women Use TikTok Than Men in the US
Over 2 million more women use the platform, most of which are between 18-24 years old.
8. The Average User Spends 52 Minutes Per Day on the Platform
According to Business of Apps, most users spend under an hour on the platform. Once a user is on the app for an hour, a health-related video by TikTok suggests taking a break. Even TikTok knows its 60 second videos are addictive.
9. Branded Hashtag Challenges Help Companies Immensely
One of the first and most successful challenges on TikTok was created by the Guess Jeans Co., with #InMYDenim. According to TikTok, the hashtag has nearly 39 million views, which creates a ton of exposure for the brand.
10. Rapper Lil Nas X Thanks TikTok for Song Success
After the famed rapper released “Old Town Road” on TikTok, the song topped #1 on Billboard’s Top 100 in 2019. This won the rapper a Grammy, and now other artists try to repeat his success by releasing new music on the platform.
11. Other Platforms Have Attempted to Compete with TikTok
Facebook launched Lasso, an app meant to compete with TikTok in 2018. Since the launch, there have been over 70,000 downloads.
12. TikTok was Downloaded 738 Million Times in 2019
The platform was already on a major rise in 2019, and this year it rose even more, especially while people were in quarantine and social distancing.
13. The App Hit a Peak in Downloads in Q4 of 2019
There were a total of 219 million user downloads in Q4 of 2019, creating a large influx of new users in 2020.
14. TikTok was the Largest Ad Spender on Snapchat
According to the Wall Street Journal, TikTok ran an app-install campaign worth $1 billion in June 2019. This helped them propel their downloads upward, while advertising on a rival platform.
15. There Have Been Over 1.5 Billion Downloads
Love or hate the platform, it certainly has retained success that has broken records and secured a prosperous future. China alone has over 150 million daily users.
16. TikTok is the Most Downloaded App on the App Store
Other platforms like Youtube, Instagram, and WhatsApp follow closely behind.
17. India Holds the Fastest Growing TikTok Market
India has over 467 million TikTok downloads. China is second with 173.2 million, and the US is third with 123.8 million.
18. TikTok is Available in 155 Countries
To be compatible with so many different cultures, TikTok has been translated to 39 languages.
19. 90% of Users Log Onto the App More Than Once Per Day
With TikTok being a worldwide success, there has been no lull in video uploads, making any time a good time to log on and see new content.
20. 1 Million Videos Were Viewed Everyday in 2019
Not only has TikTok been downloaded a number of times, but one million views per day further illustrates the app’s 2019 explosion.
21. Users are Able to Shop on TikTok
The social media app has e-commerce capabilities, giving brands the opportunity to boost sales directly.
22. TikTok’s Revenue Exceeded 300%
In 2018 alone, TikTok acquired over $3.5 million in in-app purchases. 2020 is likely to be much higher based on the new users in 2019.
23. Bytedance is estimated at $78 billion
Bytedance owns TikTok, and as a result, the company is considered the world’s most valuable start-up.
24. More Than 40 TikTok Stars Have at Least 10 Million Followers
With some of the highest engagement rates, it’s easier to achieve loyal followers on TikTok than most other platforms.
25.64% of Tik Tok Users have Used Face Filters
Face filters are one of the most popular modern features for videos, and over one-fourth of TikTok subscribers use them.