Leveraging the pandemic-driven demand for both immunity boosting supplements and grocery delivery services to reach more customers and increase sales. (confidential)
A large global Vitamin C immunity support supplement brand approached JungleTopp to help expand its market share in the increasingly popular home delivery market through the grocery delivery platform, Instacart.
Using Instacart’s self-serving ads platform, JungleTopp created a multi-level strategy to place the brand in front of their target customers when they were most likely to add products to their cart while doing their grocery shopping online.
- Setting up search grid & buy campaigns for each unique product
- Gain valuable keyword insight through researching both organic Instacart keywords and other relevant platforms as well.
- Using keyword insights, set up a campaign campaign that combines multiple product lines and Ad Groups into the most efficient and effective strategy possible.
- Establish a baseline for organic sales by aggressively bidding on category keywords and capturing a maximum amount of impressions and clicks.
- Make a bold move into branded keywords with a strong bidding strategy that puts the brand in front of competitors.
- Continuous improvement of keyword bidding achieved by leveraging AI and manual tactics for keyword optimization.
The pandemic has increased the demand for immunity boosting products and ingredients, with research showing that 75% of consumers are now seeking healthier foods and beverage options.Google Trends shows that searches for ‘food’ and ‘immune system’ jumped 670% between February and March1.
In addition, immunity supplements sales growth is projected to increase over 25% in 2020, up from 8.5% growth in the previous years2. The pandemic has created the highest growth year in over a decade for the immunity supplement industry.
On top of all that, consumers have flocked to online grocery delivery apps in droves. Instacart saw a 296.5% rise in app downloads between February and March 2020, right after the pandemic hit3.
Rapidly emerging trends in the supplements market and shopping preferences gave Airborne a golden opportunity to position themselves on Instacart to reach their target customers online.