Let’s talk about keyword research. What is it? Is the process effective? And if so, how? Many discuss keyword research and how it’s a main part of the marketing process. Although no one goes into enough detail to explain exactly why.
Together, we’ll look into the specifics of this powerful method. And why it’s so important in the first place. In fact, with most digital marketers, their jobs can’t take place successfully without implementing it first into their major campaigns.
Are you ready to begin learning why?
What is Keyword Research?
Keyword research is the bread and butter of marketing. It lays out the groundwork and allows for marketers to get their start for their outreach/campaigns. Keywords can best be defined as words or even concepts that are of great significance. In this case it would be for a brand or company.
It’s a way to analyze the valuable keywords you need so you can better understand and target your market for future campaigns and advertisements.
The keyword can contain one single word, but it’s also super common to see them be made up of several words.
These Are the Benefits of Keyword Research
If it wasn’t enough for keyword research to be helping out with the foundation of your marketing campaigns, there are actually a few features and benefits that are a great addition. Keyword research makes all of the difference for your brand, and it aids in pinpointing where you next sale will officially be sourced. Take a look to see how else you can benefit!
- You’re given direction
- It allows you to investigate new topics
- Use your time more efficiently in the marketing department
- You can obtain the best listings in search engines
- Take care of the competition analysis
- Allows for you to target the right audience
- You are given a life skill you can take to other businesses
- You gain knowledge about PPC and SEO
- Get the social shares you deserve
- Achieve customer insights
Keyword Research Can Be Achieved In Easy Steps
Keyword research does take some time to complete! Afterall, it’s setting up the foundation for your business. By following these steps below, you’ll be able to gather the right keywords you need in order for your business to gain exposure and grow.
Take a look!
- Study the niche you want to target.
- Define the goals you want the keywords to achieve.
- Make a list of relevant topics.
- Create a list of seed words, which are related to kinds of keywords you’re targeting.
- Use good keyword research tool platforms such as Google Keyword Planner and Keyword Tool.
- Study the search intent for the keywords and see how other brands are using them.
- Identify long tail keywords, which are more descriptive.
- Research your competitors and find your opportunity to rise above them with other keywords.
If all of the above steps are followed, then you’ll be able to achieve the right keywords you need for your business to thrive. Not only that, but it’s done with a method that proves to be efficient. How do you conduct your keyword research? We’d love to know what works for you!
Let’s Look at SEO
When looking at SEO keywords specifically, they are made to inform what direction your content will be taking. They are also set to ensure that the content your brand is producing (whether it’s blog content or new product releases) is relevant and easily searchable on a browser such as Google.
Thorough research is key! It’s a process that will take time, but it’s time well spent because the reward of knowing your business is in good hands is priceless. You’ll be able to grow your business from the knowledge you have, and you will have so many avenues that the company can take for ensured success.
What About Search Ads?
Unlike SEO keywords, search ad keywords can be obtained a bit differently. There’s actually a bit of a switch up in the research process. For Google ads or any other search ads, take a look at these nine steps for keyword research success.
- Understand the general method for a good keyword phrase.
- Think like your customers and target market.
- Tie the keywords closely together to the ad copy or links.
- Be specific with what you desire and your targets.
- List out different keyword variations and find what works for you and your brand.
- Try out Google’s keyword tool to get even more ideas for your business.
- Make sure to not forget language and location targeting.
- Understand the different keyword matching options.
While these steps aren’t to different than the other ones listed earlier, they are still essential in order to achieve the right keywords and results from your target marketing.
Let’s look at the final consensus, shall we? Keyword research is very much needed for digital marketing to take place successfully. Without it, marketers will be shooting for their target markets in the dark. This will lead to a loss of investment of money, and sales or exposure won’t really be able to be achieved.
By following the above steps, you’ll be better organized and can establish a routine that will begin to flow more smoothly as you continue on your marketing journey.
How are you going to work on keyword research for your campaign? Tell us how it can benefit you and your business as you move forward in digital marketing. We find this method of research to be essential to not only a business, but for yourself as you propel forward in your marketing/advertising career.