For website owners, oftentimes it is difficult to measure the site’s user’s performances and behaviors on your website. The data then becomes difficult to obtain either for optimization or site management. So, this is the reason for the TikTok Pixel.
The TikTok Pixel is an HTML code snippet that helps advertisers to measure advertising effectively by tracking user actions, behavior, and conversions on their website. For marketers, the data that TikTok Pixel will provide are necessary to gain a better understanding of how visitors interact with your site.
Uses of TikTok Pixel
- Better Measurement: TikTok measures ads’ effectiveness comprehensively on behalf of the owner by defining a series of events and tracking user actions on websites. It measures the performance and conversions based on the defined events of the filter.
- Delivery Optimization: The optimization goals, the auction system automatically covers users more likely to take key actions. This optimization helps in the system to target potential users who will likely do more on your website such action may include registering, carting, or payments.
- Audience Management: This helps in remarketing. Data is collected then it creates a Custom-Made audience based on engagement and where they dropped off in the tunnel. It exports the audience where they belong on the funnel.
This is how the funnel looks:
View Product Detail
Add to Cart
How to Install TikTok Pixel
The operational process of TikTok Pixel is just in 6 stages:
- Create Pixel
- Install Pixel
- Download and Install TikTok Pixel helper
- Choose an Industry Category
- Define events
- Create Ads
Let break this down:
1. Creating Your TikTok Pixel
- Click “Library” on the page
- Click “Event” in the Library Tab
- Choose Website pixel then tap on “Manage”
After this, you will be taken to “Create Pixel” page
- Click on “Create Pixel”
It will pop up a box named “Pixel name” set whatever you feel like the name. For multiple websites, just repeat the process.
2. Installing the TikTok Pixel
The first is “Installing Manually” on the first box and the other box is for “Install using 3rd party tool” such as Google Tag Manager.
To install Manually means you as the website owner wants to input the codes yourself. so, click on “Manually Install Pixel Code” then proceed with “Next”
There are two methods here, as shown below:
- Name your TikTok Pixel
2. From there, click directly on the pixel code as shown below or you may click “download pixel code” link.
After you have copied the code, paste it on top of the header section on your website. Copying the code into the head such as the following:
So, to check if the pixel has been added successfully by using the TikTok Pixel Helper plugin.
3. Install Using Google Tag Manager
One of the third party too to use is Google Tag Manager (GTM). It is a tool that automatically adds pixel code to the website. Then, to add this to your website, the steps are below:
You must put in place the following:
- Must have a Google Tag Manager account
- Must have added Google Tag Manager SDK to the landing page.
So, these are the steps in installing GTM:
- Choose ‘install pixel code by 3rd party tool’ B then click ‘next’.
- Tap on ‘Connect to a google account’ to connect your Google Tag Manager account.
- Fill ‘select account, select container, and working space’ with relevant information.
- After successfully connected your GTM, download and install the ‘TikTok Pixel Helper’.
This is to confirm that it is installed successfully
Install Using GMT
Once done successfully, the PIXEL ID will show on the GTM (Google Tag Manager) webpage as shown below.
4. Choose an Industry Category
Here, a site owner gets to choose which industry suits him and how the business scenario conforms to a series of events on the website. The industry may include E-Commerce Events, Consultation Events, Apk Download Events, Custom Events, and Form Submission Events.
The website owner then gets to decide on which is best for him.
5. Define Events
There is a series of default events after you choose a category except “Custom Events”. You can choose to delete or add an event as shown above.
- Give a name to the events and put value for the business, set currency, and the statistical method.
- You can also choose ‘Every Time or Once for the statistical method.
After doing all these, click on ‘Complete’ then you will be directed to where you can define the event rules.
- The first box designated as 1 (one) is a dialogue box where the URL to view the page is pasted. This is where you want to define rules, then click Update.
- The second (2) box is to ‘choose an event’ to define that is to name an event
- The third (3) is where ‘track button’ is pasted.
- The fourth (4) box will automatically load with the help of TikTok Pixel Helper.
6. Creating Ads
When it gets to this point for site owners, “Create Ads” and “Choose a pixel” just as shown above and at the other end “Pick an event” that has been created and click done.
When all these steps have been followed and successful, upon completion of the last level of these steps the event(s) data would have been displayed in the “Event Manager” page. Real-time data of the performance of the events would be shown just as below:
Under Pixel, the events as triggered would be shown in real-time and arranged chronologically. For carting especially, either the visitor stops at product page browsing or it proceeds to add to cart and then to place an order. In that order, the performances would be shown to the site owner.
It is worthy to note that TikTokPixel stores only the singularity of the session, so anything sort of that will not have its conversion stored on TikTok. So, TikTok as a plugin helps site owners to efficiently manage, study, and provide an improvement on their sites to ensure this is done with no stress.